State Acts and Rules
Shops & Commercial Establishment Act, 1958
- The Act provides for the regulation of the opening and closing time as well as the weekly off day for the establishments covered under the Act.
- The Act provides for safety health and welfare for the employees in such establishments. The employment of children is prohibited under the Act; the employment of female employees during the night is also prohibited under the Act.
- The exemption from the provision of working times and weekly off is provided by the Govt. for the IT/ITE /BPO establishments.
- All the Inspecting Officers of the Labour Department are notified as inspectors for the purpose of this Act
Haryana Industrial Promotion Act, 2005
- To provide for simplification of regulatory framework for speedy implementation of industrial and other projects in the State of Haryana.
- Advocates on providing single point time bound clearances required for setting up industrial undertakings and assistance to promoters, reducing the procedural requirements, rationalizing the documents and to ensure hassle free operation for the promotion of industrial development and facilitation of new investments and to provide for an investor friendly environment.
- Director of Industries, Haryana serves as Member Secretary of the High-Powered Clearance Committee and State Level Clearance Committee and serves the following functions:
- Issue a meeting notice at least 7 days in advance.
- Convene a meeting of the committee indicating the date, time and place.
- Enclose agenda and note highlighting therein details of the applications.
- Shall within three days, circulate the proceedings of the meeting approval of the Chairman.
- Within two days of circulation of the proceedings, communicate the decision of the Committee.
Haryana Enterprise Promotion Act, 2016
- Provide for simplification of regulatory framework and to assist the promoters in speedy implementation of industrial and other projects.
- The state government shall constitute the Haryana Enterprise Promotion Board under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister, which is a two-tier system consisting of Empowered executive committee at the State-level and district level clearance committee at the district level for project clearances.
- The Administrative secretary, Industries and Commerce acts as the members-chief executive officer and Director of Industries and Commerce is the deputy Chief Executive Officer cum Member Secretary of the Empowered executive committee. The Joint director/deputy director, district industries centre acts as the member secretary of the committee of the district level clearance committee.
- The Haryana enterprise promotion board shall be funded by the state government in the Department of Industries and Commerce, Haryana by the way of grant-in aid.
Haryana Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council Rules, 2013
- Originally notified in 2007, (Haryana Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council Rules, 2007), the rules were further amended in 2013 via the amendment “Haryana Micro and Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (Amendment) Rules, 2013”
- Provide for the Composition of the Council, the manner of filling vacancies of its members and the procedure to be followed in the discharge of functions.
- Council shall consist of- (in context to the Department of Industries and Commerce) the Director of the Department of Industries and Commerce chairman and technical expert (Mechanical Engineer), Department of Industries and Commerce, Haryana- member.