Food & Beverages
Objectives of the Cell
- Agro-MSME Cell is responsible for implementation of various Govt. of India schemes & programmes for the Agribusiness & Food Processing sector in Haryana and active liaising with the state Departments of Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry & Dairying for creating a vibrant ecosystem for the sector.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure successful implementation of various Centre & state govt. schemes and programs for Agro-MSME sector
- Promote & establish Haryana as first choice state for investments in agribusiness & food processing sector in India
- Strengthen the agro-infrastructure in the state from farm to consumer level
- Identify opportunities for scaling up infrastructure for packaging. storage, transportation, together with tackling the issue of food wastage and promoting value addition across the entire value chain from farm gate to food plate
- Support in establishing efficient forward and backward linkages, with an aim to create greater employment opportunities across the entire food value chain, thus promoting agriculture and rural prosperity
- Engage actively with industry and academia to map the required skill set in the food processing industry and conceptualising programs for training the existing workforce in the food processing units.
- Proactively coordinate with State Rural Livelihood Mission for formation of more Self-Help Groups in the food processing sector
- Promote transformation of micro food processing units in the unorganised sector into FSSAI, GST & Udyam registered units in the organised sector
- Proactively coordinate with Departments of Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry etc. for formation and success of food processing-oriented Farmer Producer Organisations
- Promote start-ups in Haryana around Agrotech innovations, waste minimization, alternative uses of Agro/Food Processing waste etc.
- Ensure MSMEs conduct hassle-free business from existing Food Parks in the state and explore potential for more food parks
- Promote exports of food processing products from aryana
- Provide policy support for state Agriculture, Horticulture, Enterprise policy formulation