MSME Advancement & Nurturing Support (MEANS) Council
- A dedicated agency has been set up within the Directorate of MSME for undertaking facilitation & developmental activities for furthering the growth of state’s MSMEs & traders.
- The agency, named as MSME Advancement & Nurturing Support (MEANS) Council, aims to transform the MSMEs’ & traders’ ecosystem of the state by enabling active linkages across key stakeholders. The agency undertakes promotional activities across MSME and trader clusters of the state with active coordination with various central government agencies like Ministry of MSME, DPIIT, Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Ministry of Textiles and so on.
- Additionally, the agency supports the Directorate on conceptualising and initiating programs for supporting MSMEs & traders become competitive by overcoming their challenges pertaining to access to finance, markets, technology, infrastructure, skills etc.
- The agency actively engages with key MSME stakeholders such as industries associations, banks/FIs, Business Development Services Providers (BDSPs), OEMs/anchor units, technical/research institutes etc. to foster a vibrant MSME ecosystem.
Some of the key activities that will be undertaken by MEANS Council are:
- An implementing agency/SPV for coordination & acceptance of funds against GoI Key Schemes (MSE-CDP scheme, TiES, etc.)
- Advisory services on MSMEs & trader’s Competitive programs
- Governance mechanism to provide direction to Directorate’s activities
- Own knowledge management system for effective assimilation and dissemination of information
- Preparation of ready project profiles for MSMEs
- Linkages with Business Development Services Provider (BDSPs)
- Advisory services to Directorate on MSMEs & traders workforce requirement (Linkages with Saksham Portal. etc)
- Enable market diversification of MSMEs by participation in international/domestic trade fairs, exhibitions, conferences etc.
For more information Contact:-
Cell id:- email@example.com